Hello, everyone! We are so excited that the weather is finally getting warmer & we’re getting to go outside more! But we’ve got some catching up to do, so we’ll include photos from January & February too.
Ariel is now 19 months! She’s getting her last two molars in, which will complete her set of baby teeth. She is about 24 pounds & nearly 33 inches tall, which puts her in the 50% for weight (average) & 80% for height (tall for her age). She’s added some new words to her vocabulary, including bubble, more, moon, please, meow, and ball. She knows nearly all her alphabet now & points to letters enthusiastically calling them out by name or phonetic pronunciation (depending on the letter). She’s so smart!
We’ve enjoyed some winter activities—like building a snowman in our yard, and Janeen went with us to take Ariel sledding for the first time in January. Ariel really liked going down the hill with Daddy!
I decided to join the Idaho Moms’ Network in February, so Ariel and I have enjoyed getting to know some new faces—moms & kids alike. Of course, we still see our other friends for playdates. Ariel is entering that stage where sharing is not an option, so it’s been a little difficult, but we’re getting through it. I think it helps to expose her to other kids so she learns to adapt---hopefully before a sibling comes along! But that will be awhile longer….Anyway, here are some photos of Ariel & her friends, Asher, Livie, & Lylly (who just turned two in February). Lylly had her b-day party at Wahooz in Meridian, which is an indoor play area—Ariel had a lot of fun!
We’ve taken Ariel to a few other indoor play places during those really chilly days. Although we picked up a few cold viruses, the indoor play areas have been really helpful this winter to get us out of the house. Ariel dressed up as a dinosaur at Rafiki and was walking around growling like a monster—it was so cute!
David & I had a great Valentine’s Day—he made me a very sweet video, which we’ll try to post on youtube to share. We’ll keep you posted on that. We had a great night in while my parents babysat Ariel overnight—we cooked dinner & tried this crazy cake recipe that you make in the microwave. It was actually really good! If you want to try it, here’s the recipe (click to expand!):
Just recently, the weather has started getting nicer, so we’ve been able to go to parks, & we’ve done some yard work. David has been working on our garden patio, and Ariel has been enjoying looking for worms! Her Auntie Patrice would hate that! :)
I decided to take up knitting in January, and finished my first scarf--a garter style in February. I've taken a beginner's class, and I'll be learning how to make a baby hat in my next class. It's a lot of fun!
Hope you are all doing well!
Lots of love,
Tammy, David, & Ariel
1 comment:
WHAT A DOLL!! SEEMS SHE'S NOT A BABY ANYMORE. I'M WATCHING TINA'S LITTLE BOY, CHRISTOPHER JOSEPH, ON TUES AND THURS, DADDY ON MON, AND DAYCARE ON WED AND FRI, BUT HE'S ALREADY CONTRACTED RSV, SO GRANDMA MIGHT HAVE TO TAKE OVER. LOVE SEEING YOUR PICS, I'LL TRY TO SEND SOME OF CJ LATER. LUV, AUNT JULIE
Post a Comment